The Education Committee of the California Surf Museum in Oceanside, California is excited to announce our first ever
AR Gurrey Jr. Surf Photography Competition .
In an effort to encourage creative and marketable skills related to photography, the Museum is encouraging any local middle and high school students to participate by entering an original photographic image to be reviewed by a panel of judges. Prizes of GoPro Cameras will be awarded in five categories, and the respective artists will be honored at the museum, with their winning artworks on public display.
To enter, all participants must fully complete this form to submit their entry by the deadline: May 1, 2023 .
Limit 1 entry per participant.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
– All participants must be 18 years of age or younger OR currently enrolled in a local TK-12 school within San Diego County.
– Each photo must have been photographed by the person who enters it into the contest.
– Each youth must have a parent or guardian approve their entry with an electronic signature at the end of this Form.
All photos will be judged by a panel, based on content, composition, photographic skill, and reproductive quality. The decision of the judges is final.
All photos will be judged by a panel, based on content, composition, photographic skill, and reproductive quality. The judges’ decision is final.
Prizes will be awarded in each of the five categories. GoPro cameras as well as publication of the winning photographs will be granted to winning award recipients.
All submissions must be received via this Google Form by midnight of May 1, 2023 in order to meet the deadline. Any late entries will not be considered. Winners will be announced in the month of May 2023, with an awards ceremony tentatively planned for late that same month (TBA).
1. All award winners will be notified via email no later than May 31, 2023.
2. All entries received, award-winning or not, are subject to publication by the California Surf Museum.
3. Should color photographs be selected for publication, they may be reproduced in black and white at the editors discretion.
4. The California Surf Museum, the CSM Education Committee, nor any related parties are responsible in the event of an accident, injury, or damage to photographic equipment while the artist is participating in this contest.