October 28th 2017
4:00P.M. – 11:00P.M.
Cape Rey A Hilton Resort
1 Ponto Drive Carlsbad, CA 92011
Tickets are SOLD OUT
Silver Surfer Awards
The California Surf Museum is proud to present the 2017 Silver Surfer Award honorees
Award presented by Nat Young and Rob Machado.
- Pipeline Masters Champion 1972, 1973
- SIMA Waterman of the Year 1999
- Yoga Guru, Film Actor, Board-shaper, and Tube-rider Extraordinaire
Award presented by Gregory Harrison.
- U.S. Surfing Champion 1970
- ISP (now WSL) World Champion 1976
- Founder, Women’s International Surfing Association
Award presented by Paul Naudé.
- President, International Surfing Association 1994 – Present
- SIMA Waterman of the Year 2013
- Proponent of Surfing in the Olympic Games
This evening’s program
Shearwater Ballroom Lobby, Terrace and Lawn
- Registration and photo opportunity.
- No host bar (credit card, cash or drink ticket) on outside Terrace.
- Silent Auction opens in the Shearwater Ballroom Lobby.
- Live music by Dave Sheils on the Terrace.
- Live paint by Wade Koniakowsky.
- Appetizer service begins.
- Sunset! We certainly hope it is a beautiful one!
- Silent Auction closes. Check out and pick up of items begins at 8:00 at Registration.
- Shearwater Ballroom opens.
- Entertainment by Tower 7 and no host bar service (credit card, cash or drink ticket).
- Buffet food service begins; listen for your table number as to when to go to the buffet.
- Welcome and Recognitions: emcee Shea Roney and CSM President Jim Kempton.
- Live Auction with Chris Cote.
- Silent Auction pick-up until 10:00 at Registration.
- Silver Surfer Award presentations to Fernando Aguerre, Jericho Poppler and Gerry Lopez.
- Food service closes and dessert service begins.
- At conclusion of presentations, entertainment by Tower 7.
- The bars close and the evening concludes. Thank you to all and to all a good night!
Catered by Chandler’s Restaurant
Passed Appetizers during Silent Auction
Vegetarian Egg Roll with Sweet Thai Chile Sauce Vegetarian California Roll with Thai Chili Aioli
Plated Salad Wild Baby Arugula, Tomatoes, Shaved Fennel, Smoked Almonds, Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette
Artisan Bread Sweet Butter
Apple Cider Glazed Chicken Breast with Caramelized Cipollini Onion
Crab Crusted Sea Bass
Steamed Mussels and Clams
Three Cheese Mac and Cheese Bar with Lobster, Bacon and Chives
Roasted Heirloom Potato in Dijon Butter
Seasonal Farmer’s Market Vegetables
Assorted Cape Rey Signature Mini-Sweets
Freshly Brewed Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
Iced and Hot Tea