Expression of Memory
The California Surf Museum has created a place within the museum for commemorative memorials. The memorial wall, “Expression of Memory,” features photographs from Dale Velzy’s memorial paddle out in 2005. Dale was one of the California Surf Museum’s beloved supporters and friends for many years. On either side of the photographs are two replica surfboards that symbolize our love for the craft.
This area is dedicated to perpetuate the memories of individuals who shared the love of the ocean.
Please click the link below to go to the online form to donate and supply us with the information to set up your commemorative plaque.
You can also d Download the PDF here, print out the form and mail to CSM. Details are on the form.
Download the Expression of Memory Document
- Memorial wall concept and design: Louise Balma
- Wood, moulding and craftsmanship: Tom Consiglio, C&E Woodworks
- Replica surfboards made with Aloha: Chett Ross
- Velzy paddle out photographs: Tara Lee Torburn and Dan Highland
- Plaques: Tom and Helen Hartley, PJ’s Graphics